Monday, July 30, 2007

signing off from internship!

for those of you following my blog..i added an entry that sums up my study ..its actually two entries, that talk about my overall impression of the first phase of the study and the interview process.. because they are listed sequentially, they are further below... so please page down and check those out, because I think it will give you some sense of the types of information we were trying to gather. of course, its a preliminary analysis, that comes solely from my own impressions and recollections of interviews and interactions i had with the rural women in karnataka.

another intern will be carrying a second phase of the study on with an ngo in tamil nadu called hand in hand... i will definitely try to keep updated on what happens with that part of the study, as we will eventually collaborate in the fall to write a paper of our results..

i am now writing from a internet cafe in kolkata, which is a really awesome city... i have some updates to post when i have more time, but for now, i will say that my last few weeks in chennai made me really miss home... it was hard to shuttel between people's floors and random hotels... i think i could work abroad, but i would need one place, even a dumpy place, to call my own... traveling here and there, with just a backpack and no sense of "home" really got to me. at the same time, it was nice to realize that despite the vast differences and challenging experiences i had this summer that i'm not averse to coming back and doing a period of extended research here in india...but i will need my own place..

okay please read below, because i would love to hear your comments...

more from me later :)

1 comment:

lalitha said...

oh darn! no more tales from the motherland?